Why You Need To Drink Lemon Water
Posted on July 30 2017
Yes, that’s right, it’s not just a fad. Drinking lemon water regularly has an endless amount of positive rewards for your body. We've picked the top 10 for your refreshing points.
1. Aids in Digestion. Lemon water helps flush your system by loosening toxins in the digestive tract and reduces stomach aches. It also contains pectin fiber which aids in your colon health.
2. Helps You Lose Weight. Yep, that’s right! Lemon water aids to stop cravings, boosts your immune system and flushed fat particles.
3. Freshens Breath. Need a pick me up after a meal. Drink lemon water to help. The citric acid in lemons will help cure your bad breath.
4. Helps with Inflammation and Joint Pains. Lemon water helps reduce inflammation by decreasing the build up of uric acid.
5. Helps Fight Viral Infections. Lemons are a source of potassium and vitamin C which helps the body to ward off infections and the common cold.
6. Source of Potassium. Lemons are a great source of potassium which is good for your heart, brain and nerve functions as well as eye health.
7. Boosts Your Energy. Feeling a little sluggish? Drinking lemon water provides your body with energy as it enters your digestive track.
8. Reduces Blemishes and Wrinkles. Lemon water is packed with vitamin C which helps flush toxins from the skin. It also keeps your skin hydrated and plump.
9. Promotes Healing in the Body. The Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) in lemons promote healing of wounds in the body, corrects and aids in tissue and cartilage repair.
10. Hydrates the Lymph System. Lemon water replaces the bodies natural salts and hydrates your lymph system. When you have a depletion of water in your system your body will send you signals whether it’s fatigue, dizziness, sickness or lack of mental clarity.
How much lemon water is the right amount?
It’s hard to know how much is too much and how much is not enough! In simple terms:
- For those of average or below average weight as specified by your country’s health stats, it is 1/2 of a lemon per glass of water.
- For those that are above the ideal weight of your country’s stats, it is an entire lemon per glass of water.
Lemon water is not just a trendy tasty beverage, it helps your body’s health and hygiene.
So squeeze, sip and enjoy!